The Windows server 2022 download ISO is the latest version of Windows server made by a world-renowned company, namely Microsoft. The older versions of Windows Server before Windows Server 2022 are: Windows Server 2019, Hyper-V Server 2019, Windows Server 2016, Hyper-V Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2.
Windows Server 2022 offers three major security enhancements, including hardware trust, firmware protection, and virtual environment security.
4 Steps Download Windows Server 2022
To Download Windows Server 2022 you try Windows Server on Azure, please follow the following steps :
- Register Azure Account.
- Create a Windows Server VM in Azure
- After create azure account you can Download the Windows Server 2022 ISO file or,
- Download the Windows Server 2022 VHD version.
Windows Server 2022 Download ISO Latest Version
Minimum Hardware Requirement – Windows Server 2022 Download
To install Windows server as your OS on computer PC, your computer must 1.4 GHz 64-bit processor and Compatible with x64 instruction set. Beside that your computer hardware must supports NX and DEP, CMPXCHG16b, LAHF/SAHF, PrefetchW and second Level Address Translation (EPT or NPT).
Minimum RAM requirements : Windows Server 2022
If we talk about random access memory (RAM), to run Windows Server 2022 on your PC, you must prepare a computer with the following minimum 512 RAM PC (2 GB for Server with Desktop Experience installation option). Then ECC (Error Correcting Code) for physical host deployments.
Review – Windows Server 2022
The latest version of Windows Server is Windows Server 2022 that introduces advanced layered security, hybrid capabilities with Azure, and a flexible application platform. Microsoft is also delivering secure core capabilities to help protect Windows Server OS hardware, firmware, and capabilities from the dangers of advanced security threats. The core servers are built on technologies such as Windows Defender System Guard and Virtualization-based Security which makes the core Servers secure. This is to minimize the risk from advanced firmware and malware vulnerabilities.
The new Windows Server 2022 also provides secure connectivity such as encrypted HTTPS connections, industry standard AES 256 SMB encryption. In addition, Windows Server 2022 also improves hybrid server management with improved VM management, enhanced event viewer. Furthermore, this latest version of Windows server has significant improvements to Windows containers, like smaller image sizes for faster downloads.
Discountinued Feature on Win Server 2022
Below are some features that will not be passed on in Windows Server 2022, these features are:
- Semi-Annual Channel or SAC channel replaces with the long term channel as the primary channel. But SAC will continue with Kubernetes communities such as Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS) and others.
- The Internet Store Name Service or iSNS Server feature is deprecated on Windows 2022 servers.
- Guarded Fabric and Shielded Virtual Machines (VMs): Microsoft supports VMs, but will not continue in the future on Windows Server 2022.
- The Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) feature will no longer be available on client versions of Windows, therefore this feature will not be available on Windows Server 2022.
- Deployment of the WDS operating system is not compatible on Windows server 2022, therefore the WDS feature is not continue.
The download link for Windows server 2022 that we provide above is Evaluation options:
- ISO File 64 bit Windows Server 2022.
- Windows Server 2022 VHD – 64-bit.
- Windows Server 2022 on Microsoft Azure.